Password security can’t be put on hold. With more and more modern companies losing their sensitive information to hackers, ensuring that password-protected entry points are well secured has become extremely important. And that’s where LastPass comes in. LastPass is a business password manager that will not only help improve the safety of your organization’s accounts and devices, but also improve the management of such accounts. It is simple, easy to use, and provides value for the money.
To use LastPass and all its features, you would have to create an account. The first step in getting started is to get on a pricing plan.
- Go to the LastPass pricing plan page and pick a pricing plan that suits your organization’s needs
- Enter your email address and create a Master Password for your new account
- Enter a password hint to help you remember your Master Password
- Once your account has been created, you will have to download and install the web browser extension.
- After adding the extension to your browser, enter your registered username and password to log in
You can now go ahead to use the application and its features.Back to top ↑
To try out all the features offered by LastPass, you get a 14-day free trial period. This allows you to know exactly how well the service will perform before buying a plan.
Once your free trial period elapses, you will have to choose from one of its plans. There are four subscription plans each giving you access to different features.
- MFA Plan – This plan is great for small businesses. Here, you get a security dashboard, view detailed reports, sync devices, and maintain control. There is also a biometric authentication feature all for $3 / user /month.
- Team Plan – This plan is also great for small businesses with a larger workforce. It is designed for groups of up to 50 people. This plan costs $4 / user / month.
- Enterprise Plan – Just as it states, this plan is geared towards the needs of larger organizations and it comes with features that will suit a variety of each organization’s needs. It costs $6 / user / month.
- Identity Plan – For organizations looking for more, there is the identity plan. This plan combines all the features of the other plans to give you high-level security, flexibility, and easy usability at $8 / user / month.
- Automatic saving – LastPass will automatically save your credential details and fill it out for you next time. It can also store SSH keys, software licenses, database login, and other important business details.
- Secure Password storage – Each employee gets a personal vault to save data for all their applications.
- Excellent security – First-class security is a must for any business password manager and LastPass got it all. It offers encrypted password sharing, two-factor authentication, and zero-knowledge security.
- Central dashboard – Administrators get their own central dashboard for easy integrations, user management, reporting, and policy control.
- Single sign-on – Sign into 1,200 pre-built applications with the click of a button.
Being able to sync across multiple devices and platforms is an important feature for all business password managers. This feature makes it easy to access details anywhere and anytime.
LastPass doesn’t only allow access on multiple platforms but also integrates into more than 1,200 pre-built SSO apps. This allows you to use just one password to log into your multiple accounts with ease. The application is just as good on mobile as it is on desktop. You get the same intuitive interface and smart controls. There is also a biometric authentication factor for extra security. With this feature, you can only log into your account via Face ID or Fingerprint.Back to top ↑
Multiple Features For Improved Security
LastPass is a great option for organizations that want to improve their security. The software comes with easy-to-use features that will help to automate and ease the entire process for your company. With LastPass, employees no longer have to keep track of combinations of passwords and usernames or share data over unsecured networks. Also, it gives companies flexible and robust control over their security system and allows them to set limitations, and offboard former employees with ease. An extra perk to this software is its 1,200 pre-integrated apps. These apps include Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce, FedEx, Dropbox, MailChimp, Evernote, Office Outlook, and a range of other apps used by businesses. With LastPass, you can log into all of them with one password, from one place.
- Secure password storage
- Convenient password sharing
- Easier user management
- Top-notch password security